Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Thankful for My Daughter

Pipsqueak almost didn't exist. We were rejected from the local hospital's IVF program and were referred to Boston. After two IVF failures there, it was recommended that we consider adoption or a childless life. I pleaded for another chance, and voila! (I really should write about this whole experience in detail sometime.)
Right from the start, she was a happy, adaptable, easy baby... except for the part where she didn't really like sleeping for more than twenty minutes for something like three years. She embraces life and whatever it brings her. She's kind, thoughtful and naturally funny. I love spending time with her, doing things with her and going places with her.
Living with her is like living in a musical because she breaks into original song and dance numbers several times a day. It could be an upbeat, "Wow, These Brownies Taste Good" or a more soulful, "My Mom and Day Love Me, and I Love Them."Every night before I go to bed, I go in her room to check on her and adjust her covers. I stand there for a moment just looking at her sleep, and I feel my heart swell with love. I am so lucky to have Pipsqueak in my life.

5 comments:

Tammy H. said...

She is adorable and you are a lucky mom, I can read it in your post. Enjoy every minute, they grow much too fast.

Anonymous said...

The world would have been much deprived had you and Sweetie been unable to conceive... The combination of the two of you is too great a prize!

Aunt Becky said...

How could you not be thankful for her? She's so cute that I think I just ovulated.

Liz said...

What a wonderful story. I would love to hear the entire saga.

Furniture movers said...

She looks like a princess. So cute!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map