Monday, August 18, 2008

Children First

I can't believe that Pipsqueak will start first grade a week from tomorrow. It's unbelievable that, a) she's that old, and b) the summer is nearly over. We had this long list of things we were going to do over the summer, but we've only scratched the surface. I'm going to let everything go this week, and spend most of my time doing things with her.

Last Friday, we crafted all day. In the morning we painted rocks.

In the afternoon, we made jewelry.

On Saturday, we took a three hour walk and visited the local donkey farm.

Sunday, her friend, Stringbean, came over. They spent about four hours playing in the pond and then warmed up in the bin we use to wash the dog in outside.
Today, we visited the local pet store and saw all the fish, rodents and birds. I was so happy to see that they aren't selling dogs and cats anymore, because "there are enough animals in the world" and they want to encourage shelter adoptions. After that we went to paint-your-own pottery and painted for a couple of hours.

Who knows how the rest of the week will unfold, but I can tell you that it won't include much housecleaning or bookkeeping. I'll try not to care too much; in another week, I'll have plenty of time for that.


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map