Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mai Thai Restaurant - Alexandria, Virginia

We had dinner tonight in Alexandra, Virginia at the Mai Thai Restaurant. Matching drinks with our outfits was purely coincidental. Sweetie had the Watermelon Martini, matching his shirt...

I had the Orange Blossom Martini to match my scarf. Pipsqueak's virgin daiquiri didn't match, but the paper umbrella made her day.The Tom Yum soup cleared out my sinuses from the cold with which I've been suffering.
Pipsqueak started with fried calamari. She loved it, but there were only body rings and no tenticles. I think tenticles are the best part.
The Pad Thai was delicious... just the right amount of heat.
The Drunken Noodles with Beef were okay, but the noodles seemed a little over done and it would have benefitted from a little more heat.
The service was fast and attentive. Overall, it was a good meal, but I've been to better thai restaurants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love calamari. i order it just about every chance i get because i know it's not one of those things i can make at home.

Aunt Becky said...

I am now drooling on my keyboard. I'm sending YOU the bill ;)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map