Thursday, March 12, 2009

Progress and a Knitting Update

I feel much better hearing that so many of my internet friends feel like I do. Misery really does love company. I made my list, and managed to stick to one project all day... kitchen cabinets. I've almost finished tidying and cleaning the bottom ones.

Our kitchen is huge. We have 16 cabinets, 14 drawers and 2 floor-to-ceiling pantry cabinets. I have at least 2 more full days of cleaning before they're all done. I'm taking everything out, cleaning the inside, re-organizing and cleaning the outside. I'm getting rid of a lot... bye-bye sippy cups, plastic bowls, storage containers without lids, lids without storage containers, broken things and things that haven't been used in say five or ten years. It feels good.

To show that I'm still a little scattered and can't stick with one thing...
It occurred to me the other day that I haven't done a post about knitting in... well... forever. I do love knitting, and I'm working on something almost every night. I knit in scattered fashion, too, so I have four or five ongoing projects. I do have to have a portable project that doesn't require a lot of concentration for car trips and long wait, and I leave more complicated, pattern following projects for home. I have finished a few things recently.

A pair of socks for me,
A pair for Pipsqueak
A shawl in angora and mohair (I wish it was a little longer, but I ran out of yarn),
And mittens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the socks! pips are adorable. gosh, i wish i could knit.

also, i find it very funny that you are just now throwing away sippy cups. i tend to get rid of them as soon as possible. usually because they stink of rotten milk. im not the best sippy cup cleaner.

Clare said...

I currently have two knitting project. (Love your socks by the way) One, I am getting SO bored doing. Its a baby shawl and its taking forever.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map