Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Flowers

I love sunflowers. They're so sunny and happy and large. When everything else is the garden is looking all depressingly shriveled and brown, they stand up tall and say, "Look at me! Aren't I pretty? I don't let a little chilly air bother me."

I planted over 100 sunflower seeds behind my vegegable garden this spring. Only 17 or so germinated. It might have been that year-old seed I used or some anti-germinating weather phenomenon. Next year, I'll start them in trays inside. I want a little slice of Italy back there. A few years ago, we visited Tuscany and saw acres of sunflower fields... happiness and cheer as far as the eye could see.
So here is a little happiness for you... no side effects... no unpleasant aftertaste.


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map