Monday, October 6, 2008

Happily Apple-y

We went apple picking on Sunday at Wellwood Orchards, a family tradition. We had a picnic lunch on the ground amongst the rows of apple trees and then picked a 1/2 bushel of Macouns and Cortlands.Some of the best apples, like these, are beyond arm's reach. I'm sure climbing the trees would be frowned upon, but I couldn't let beauties like these drop to the ground and be pressed into cider.

... so up I went. I thought the red field coat might provide camouflage. Do I look like a giant apple hanging there?

Not to be outdone, Pipsqueak and that handsome guy I call Sweetie, did a little tree climbing of their own. We're just a family of monkeys.

There were plenty of apples right at eye level, too.

Here is the view, while we picked. The sun has not cooperated with my foliage photos this year so far.

2 comments:

Kitt said...

Clever monkeys! How do you like them apples?

~Molly~ said...

As a matter of fact, that red coat looked just like an apple!!!

My parents in North Carolina have an apple tree but it doesn't give good fruit. Only the bears and deer ever eat them.

Molly

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map