Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Uplifting (A Helicopter Story)

One of our next door neighbors owns a helicopter. It's a little strange to call him a next door neighbor since he lives almost a mile away, but he is our closest neighbor to the east. He offered Pipsqueak a ride when she was ready, but it has taken her about two years to feel ready. The helicopter has only two seats, so Mommy and Daddy wouldn't be able to accompany her. During breakfast on Monday, she announced out of the blue that she was ready for a helicopter ride. Sweetie sent our neighbor an email, and he gave us a call early that evening. We were to meet him in the field between our houses in fifteen minutes.

Pipsqueak couldn't have picked a better time... the air was still, the evening was warm and the colors were spectacular. After some flight instructions, she got buckled in and off they flew. She loved it, and informed us that she wants a helicopter now.

4 comments:

~Molly~ said...

Well shoot yeah! I bet that was fun!!! Not to mention she's a very brave child, gotta love those(I have two, the other is so cautious that she walked on her knees til she was 17 months old because it scared her to stand).

Molly

Indian Food Rocks said...

Wow! She's really brave to go up by herself! And you are brave to let her go, too!

Also, I was wondering if you would be interested in participating in the Traveling NaBloWriMo Masterpiece. I found you through Amy's NaBloWriMo blog. Please let me know!

Kitt said...

Wow! What an adventure! She'll remember that always.

Anonymous said...

It must have been incredible for her. What an adventure. And hurray for you. I'm not sure I could have handled it. My friends' son is going with his dad to China for a week. I know I couldn't handle that one at all.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map